Sunday, February 26, 2012

Digg: The Informational Time Waster

I just wanted to make a quick post about how entertaining the website digg.com is.  Before Dan presented about it in class, I had used it casually just because I heard about it found some interesting articles.  Now this was probably 2 or 3 years ago, but now I find myself on it nearly every day.  Not only is the site great for wasting time, it's also an interesting source for just about any news article you can think of, revolving around numerous popular subjects.  The idea of using digg in the classroom is a brilliant idea in my opinion, since the website can potentially be an endless torrent of information.  The one thing that we didn't really touch on in the class was the whole concept of "digging" an article.  Browsers of the site can digg articles that they find interesting and fascinating, I always thought this was a great tool for weeding out the unnecessary articles, and bringing the best to the top, for everyone to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment